Guest Room Sanitation
- Disinfecting: Sanitation chemicals proven to kill 99.9% of all germs & viruses are used in guest rooms prior to guest arrival.
- High-Touch Cleaning: A checklist of frequently touched areas in each guest room are maintained, to ensure extra disinfection.
- Stayover Service: To protect both our guests and our associates, in-stay housekeeping is suspended for stays of more than one night. Towel & amenity replacement available upon request.
- Public Area Cleanliness: Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant will be used on all high-touch surfaces in our public areas.
- Housekeeping: All Housekeeping Staff wear Mask & Gloves while cleaning guest rooms. Housekeeping Uniforms laundered & disinfected daily & carts are also disinfected daily inclusive of all equipment and tools. All used guest linens are bagged in single use bags & tied off in each room before transported to laundry. Housekeepers do not shake out linen per CDC guidelines.
Food & Beverage Best Practices
- Food & Beverage Operations and procedures will be forever changed and ensuring the safety of our guests and team members is paramount. Going forward, we will have much higher expectations for safety and sanitation with enhanced and visible procedures and excellent communications to earn your loyalty.
- Grooming, Uniforms & PPE: Employees will wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment according to the latest CDC policies and procedures. Items such as masks, gloves and hats will always be worn when handling and serving food.
- General Safety & Sanitation: All employees have been re-trained in current food safety practices.
- Reduced-Contact Service: Giving our guests personalized, memorable service is always a priority. Though our delivery of that service will alter, the standards will not diminish. We have instituted no touch menus for contact-less ordering. We have currently suspended room service at this time.
Spa, Fitness Center & Activities
- Fitness and Activities: Physical distancing for equipment layout and activities. Additional signage to remind guests they are required to wipe down equipment after use. Limit 3 guests allowed into fitness center at one time. Attendant will sanitize equipment every 2 hours.
- Locker Rooms, Sauna, Steam Room & Hot Tub: As per state guidelines, these areas remain closed, however when they do reopen, these areas will be sanitized with hospital grade disinfectants to ensure safe usage by guests.
- Pool – Our indoor pool is open. There will be a limit to the number of people permitted in the pool at one time. Reservations for pool usage is required.
- Tennis – There will be a limit to the number of people permitted on the tennis courts. Singles play ONLY. There are no Equipment Rentals at this time. Reservations for tennis court privilege is required.
- Fitness Classes –There will be a limit to the number of people permitted in each class. Weather permitting, all classes will be attempted outside. Reservations for Fitness Classes is required at least 2 hours prior to each class.
High-Touch Areas of Deep Cleaning
- Switches & Electronic Controls: lights, lamps, switches, and climate control panels
- Handles & Knobs: doors, closets, drawers, furniture knobs and blinds
- Bathroom & Bath Amenities: toilet handles/seats, splash walls, shower/tub controls, sink faucets, individual amenities, tissue boxes, soap dishes, amenity trays & hair dryer
- Telephones, Remote Controls & Clocks: handsets, dial pads & buttons
- Bed & Bedding: all bed linens including duvet covers, pillowcases & sheets
- Hard Surfaces: tables, desk, and nightstands
- Closet & Dresser Goods: iron, safe handle, and keypad
Protecting Our Guests and Employees
We have implemented a range of new and modified services that give all guests and employees “Peace of Mind” when arriving, checking in and staying at The Equinox. Contactless procedures and practicing physical distancing are the new norm.
- Signage & Communication: Markers on floor for proper physical distance spacing (6 FT per CDC). Signage displayed that the use of face coverings is necessary for all guests & employees in building.
- Low Contact Check In: Safety shield are in place as a barrier. Employee does not handle guest credit card. Guest uses machine for credit card collection & authorization. Credit card machines are disinfected after each use.
- Personal Protective Equipment: PPE supplies available at Front Desk (gloves, masks, hand sanitizer) if needed for guests & employees.
- Medical/Wellness Check-In Procedure: All arriving guests complete COVID-19 Survey prior to receiving their guestroom keys; questions about common risk factors including travel, close contact & flu like symptoms in the past 14 days. All guests certify that they are coming from a low risk travel are or have completed the required quarantine prior to arrival at the hotel. All out of state guests register for state health alerts while they are visiting Vermont.
- Self-Parking : Valet Parking and Bell Service are currently suspended.
- Hand Sanitizers: Located at high traffic locations in the resort including at elevators landings on each floor, meeting rooms and the front desk. Individual Sanitizing Wipes will be provided in each of the guest rooms.
- Elevator Safety: Door Handles & Elevator Buttons disinfected regularly by Attendant. Signage in place for elevator physical distancing practices limiting the number of guests for each elevator.
New Employee Safety Practices Keep Everyone Safer
- Training: Our employees take great care ensuring your stay is safe. New standards of practicing physical distancing and engaging in contactless delivery of service are part of our new ongoing training and awareness for all employees, as our goal is your safety.
- PPE: Protective Personal Equipment is available to all employees to protect both them & others.
- Physical Distancing: Minimized contact with other associates while in work areas and staying six feet apart is practiced.
- Employee Medical/Wellness Check-In Procedure: All arriving employees complete a temperature check with manager prior to the start of their shift.
- Safer at Home: If an employee is not feeling well, or is showing symptoms, or if they have a family member sick at home, they are asked and required to stay home from work.
- Sharing Safety: If a guest needs masks, sanitizer or wipes, our employees will be happy to provide them.
Meet our Chief Happiness Officer
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa has just welcomed its latest employee, Golden Retriever named Cooper who has been named the Equinox Resort's Chief Happiness Officer. Cooper's day-to-day tasks will include greeting guests with the #EquinoxPawsUp greeting. Cooper will also concentrate his canine efforts on creating memories with all of our guests and making everyone feel at home.